***

WE HAVE MOVED, PLEASE VISIT US AT OUR NEW HOME:

www.janeanesworld.com

SAME GREAT CONTENT, WONDERFUL NEW LOCATION

***

Friday, May 11, 2012

5/11/12 Fantastic Friday

Fantastic Friday-because our words have power we need to watch what we say and sometimes shut up!

 There is a rap song from my youth that fits me so perfectly. I don't remember the name of the song or the artist who sang it. I just remember some of the words, "You talk to much. You never shut up. . . . Mouth almighty, tongue everlasting. . . . You talk to much, homeboy you never shut up."

Those words are so perfectly me that my entire family from my husband down to my 4 year old twins say them to me on a regular basis. I like to talk. I like to tell stories. When I don't have stories of my own to tell, I tell the stories of others. I really like to talk. I write this blog, and drafts of books because I talk and tell stories to myself when I do not have an audience.

I have recently, decided to watch what I say and to say less things aloud. I have been told that I say some things that are out of pocket and upsetting to those who hear my words. That person is not who I want to be. I want to be a woman with honey covered words that are sweet to the ear and to the taste. I am following that advice many of our mothers gave us when we were children, "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all."

Over the course of the next few weeks, months and years I shall continue my efforts to say nice things or to say hard things that need to be said in a nice way. I am confident that God wants this Proverbs 31 wife to be sweeter and gentler with her words. I shall share my progress I am determined to have no setbacks) with you here.

Sometimes it is fantastic to say nothing when you don't have the right words for the situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment