***

WE HAVE MOVED, PLEASE VISIT US AT OUR NEW HOME:

www.janeanesworld.com

SAME GREAT CONTENT, WONDERFUL NEW LOCATION

***

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

5/15/12 Terrific Tuesday

Terrific Tuesday-they say what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. I disagree, sometimes it just makes you mad, but that is okay too.

Perhaps I am different from most people. I do not automatically believe every cliched expression. I stop and examine them, looking for the truthfulness or lack of same in them.  One of my favorite jobs of all times was when I worked as an English tutor in college. So I have been in the habit of looking at words or parsing language carefully for a long time. So when I hear the expression, "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger," I take a closer look.

In this life, we often are forced into some unpleasant situations. There are things that we go through that are hard and unpleasant. Let's face it, betrayal may make you feel like you are going to die. If you survive the experience you may be angry or hurt. Those things are almost guaranteed.  But getting stronger as a result of the experience is not guaranteed.

Sometimes, bad things happen and we get mad. There is nothing wrong with getting mad and continuing to move on. If used properly, mad can spur us on to action. It can push us on to go where we need to go. So, when stuff happens and we get mad, we need to take the next step, the terrific step and get moving so we can make things better, make them what we should be.

Being mad is terrific if it spurs you on to action, to make changes and to improve the world for yourself and those around you.

No comments:

Post a Comment