***

WE HAVE MOVED, PLEASE VISIT US AT OUR NEW HOME:

www.janeanesworld.com

SAME GREAT CONTENT, WONDERFUL NEW LOCATION

***

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Sensational Saturday - Celebrate Friendship


Sensational Saturday - it is sensational to celebrate a special friendship.


Friends being friends
This Sensational Saturday post is about celebrating friendship. I have written quite a few posts about friendship over the course of the past few months.  I do that because friendship is important to me. I value my friends, I treasure them. I like to take opportunities to celebrate them.


I met my best friend when I was 19 years old. Back then, I was a skinny young girl who had dreams of taking on the world. My friend was five years older and had seen a little more of the world than I had. I was impressed with his intelligence, his charm and his breadth of knowledge. In the beginning, I think he liked my short skirts. As time passed, our friendship grew and deepened. We shared late night phone calls, all day long talks and hundreds of meals. As time passed, I stopped thinking about my future alone and started picturing him in my future.

nnTime continued to pass, like and lust turned to love and marriage. Before I knew it, 26 years and four children have come. Like most friendships that last for year,our has grown and changed and become something quite different from what it was when it started out. It is better than it was. Over time, the friendship has grown up and become a bigger, better thing. I am happy about it. I depend on it, I trust it, I take it for granted. 

Take a look at your friendships.  Examine which ones make you smile, cry, have lasted the longest or are the most valuable to you. I have never heard of a person who did not like to hear that she was special or valued.  So, the question for you this Sensational Saturday is how do you celebrate your best friend?

Add a link to your favorite post about friendship.

No comments:

Post a Comment