***

WE HAVE MOVED, PLEASE VISIT US AT OUR NEW HOME:

www.janeanesworld.com

SAME GREAT CONTENT, WONDERFUL NEW LOCATION

***

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Sensational Saturday - Celebrating Life

Sensational Saturday - it is sensational to celebrate the gift of life!

Every Saturday in the month of August, we are going to celebrate gifts. Each Saturday the posts will celebrate a different gift.  This week the celebrating will begin with talk about celebrating life. The future posts then will deal with the gifts of friendship, children and end with the gift of whimsy.

Life is a great gift. As human beings, it is the first gift we receive and the last gift we use. There is a lot of time between the time we get the gift of life and when we give up the gift at the end.  The tricky part is finding things to do from beginning to end to show the proper appreciation for the gift of life.

Some gifts we receive make us question what in the world the gift giver was thinking. You know those gifts, you are a size 10, but a "friend" gives you a size 22 dress. Or how a bout the "friend" who gives a recovering alcoholic a great bottle of wine. The gift of life is a different type of gift. In my mind, life is a gift from God. As a Christian wife and mother, I believe that all gifts from God are good and perfect.

Frank Sinatra "That's Life"


Life, unlike other gifts, is a gift that must be used, there is no declining the gift of life. We have to do something with life. It has to be more than just get up, go to work, come home, go to sleep, get up, go to work, come home go to sleep. . . . There must be some purpose to our living, some piece of goodness we leave behind. For me, I find purpose in providing inspiration and hope to others. I hope that my messages of hope and inspiration will make people wonder where I get my hope and what is the source of my inspiration. Once they ask, I can tell them about my faith in God and all that I do can be a testimony.

Everyone has their own beliefs the meaning of life and why were are given the gift of life. But no matter why you think you were given the gift of life, you must do something with it. So the question for you this sensational Saturday is how are you going to celebrate the gift of life? 

No comments:

Post a Comment