***

WE HAVE MOVED, PLEASE VISIT US AT OUR NEW HOME:

www.janeanesworld.com

SAME GREAT CONTENT, WONDERFUL NEW LOCATION

***

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Serene Sunday Leftover Thanksgiving Dinner

Serene Sunday - for me, serenity can be found in leftover Thanksgiving dinner.

Each Sunday throughout the month of September I will be exploring ways to find serenity in one hour or less. This week, I am finding serenity in leftover Thanksgiving dinner.

Thanksgiving turkey dinnerI am not the world's best cook, at least not until Thanksgiving. I do not have time to write about all the meals that have left my family saying, "Do we have to eat this." Let's just leave it at, there have been a few days where my chicken has been more a la pauper than a la king.  However, on meal per year I change this cycle and create something that makes my family want to stay at the table for hours and hours, sleep and then come back to the table.

 I make the BEST Thanksgiving dinner on the planet. I do the turkey, rice,vegetable, sweet potato pie, potato salad, stuffing, baked macaroni, candied sweet potatoes, scratch biscuits, cranberry sauce and on and on. When I make my Thanksgiving dinner, it is so delicious, it is so beautiful, it is truly amazing that someone who cooks like I do the rest of the year, can make something so scrumptious. When my family learns it is time to make Thanksgiving dinner, everyone gets excited and mouths start to water with anticipation. As I am cooking the meal, I keep getting little visitors who come in and want to taste just a little piece. As I set the table, the serving spoons are sometimes used to threaten little hands that want to snatch a little piece.  These reactions make the days of preparation worth it to me.




By the me to actually eat Thanksgiving dinner, I am usually too tired and aggravated to eat and enjoy the meal. However, after the kids go to sleep and my husband is watching something on the internet and playing one of his computer games, I make a little plate of delicious. I get turkey, macaroni, sweet potatoes, sweet potato pie, cranberry sauce and some stuffing with a glass of sparkling cider, curl up in my living room chair and say "aaahhhhhh." Like Thanksgiving, this little serenity treat comes only once per year. So my question for you this Serene Sunday is, do you have a once in a while secret to serenity?

Add a link to your favorite post about a once in a while special treat.


No comments:

Post a Comment