***

WE HAVE MOVED, PLEASE VISIT US AT OUR NEW HOME:

www.janeanesworld.com

SAME GREAT CONTENT, WONDERFUL NEW LOCATION

***

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Wonderful Wednesday- Start the Day with Prayer

Wonderful Wednesday - it is wonderful to start the day with prayer.

Each Wonderful Wednesday throughout the month of October the articles here will focus on starting the day in a way to make success more likely. This week will talk about prayer. In the weeks ahead there will be articles about starting the day with :
a good attitude
positive affirmation
looking at the end
planning to be happy

I am a Christian wife and mother so for me, the idea of starting the day with prayer makes sense. 
From Girlfriends Pray
Prayer is defined in many ways, according to Dictionary.com, for example, prayer is a devote petition to God or an object of  worship. I have my own definition of prayer. For me, prayer is a conversation with God. Each morning, my best days start with me reading my Bible and talking with God about things. Sometimes my conversations are audible and sometimes they are mental only. When I am able to sit in bed and talk with God, my days seem to go better. Each day I start with prayer goes a little different. Sometimes the conversations are about whatever it is I read in the Bible that morning. I try to figure out what is in the Bible passage that I need to learn. Other times, I talk with God about things going on in my life. As a wife, mother and business owner, there is always something to talk to God about, something I need advice about. 

Now, I recognize that not everyone believes in the power of prayer or that religion itself serves a useful purpose. However, I am not one of those people. I know there is power in prayer and belief in God. There is an old Andre Crouch Song, "If Heaven was Never Promised to Me." Some of my favorite lyrics from the song are:


If heaven never was promised to me
Neither God's promise to live eternally
It's been worth just having the Lord in my life
Living in a world of darkness
He came along and brought me the light



I like these words because they say that even if Christian faith is in vain and there is no God, life has been better living with belief than without out it. In other words, even if my faith has been in vain and there was no God, the belief, the faith the ability to start each morning with prayer, have made life worth living to me. I have been able to live a life with the knowledge that comfort is available.



My faith in God, my belief in His power and that all things work together for good for those who love the Lord and are called according to his purpose makes my life better and makes me feel there is a better thing, a good result that I will achieve.  So, by starting each day with prayer, an exercise of faith, makes life worth living for me.

Getting up in the morning with a prayer, a reminder of where my faith lays and where my strength and help come from helps make my Wednesday Wonderful So the question for you this wonderful Wednesday is have you ever considered starting your day with prayer?

Add a link to your favorite article about prayer.





No comments:

Post a Comment