***

WE HAVE MOVED, PLEASE VISIT US AT OUR NEW HOME:

www.janeanesworld.com

SAME GREAT CONTENT, WONDERFUL NEW LOCATION

***

Monday, November 19, 2012

Magnificent Monday - Using Vision Boards to Take Action Now


Magnificent Monday - it is magnificent to use vision boards to help you take action now.

Each Magnificent Monday throughout the month of November has been dedicated to the idea of getting  to TAN -Take Action Now.  Most people have things they want to accomplish, goals they would like to reach and journeys they would like to make. There is one thing stopping them, a refusal to TAN, take action now. The first Magnificent Monday article in November was about, why you should TAN. The second article on TAN was about using mind maps as a tool. Next week, the final Magnficent Monday in the TAN series will be about using accountability groups as a tool to help you TAN.  Today, is all about using vision boards as a tool to TAN.





photo credit: deb roby via photopin cc  Magnificent Monday, vision board, take action


In October of this year, I was fortunate to be able to attend PowerUp Weekend as a Social Media AMbassador. It was incredible and remarkable as well as a high that I am still experiencing. One of my favorite workshops of the day was given by Dr. Nicole Cutts from Vision Quest Retreats.  Now like most people, I had heard of vision boards and thought I knew what they were. I wasn't that into the idea, but I went to the workshop anyway. I am so glad I did!

Vision boarding is an incedible tool for getting to TAN. During the workshop, we learned that a vision board is an actual board, an actual physical picture of what you want reality to be. When creating a vision board, you find pictures in magazines of what your desired reality is and you create a collage of that reality. One of my goals is to be in better shape. My vision board had pictures of sneakers, grass and a gorgeous dress I want to fit into as a result of my efforts to get into shape. An interesting thing about vision boards is that they show the end result you want to achieve, not how you are going to get there.

There were a few principles we talked about while vision boarding that helped explain why the process works. These ideas were the law of radiation and attraction and the law of intention and desire. In sum, the idea was that what goes around comes around and you reap what you sow. So, if you want something, put in the work to get it. Or for the old computer people GIGO, garbage in, garbage out.

At the workshop I learned that vision boarding was not just a free for all glue pretty pictures onto some paper type of thing. Instead there were rules and guidelines such as:
  • do a separate vision board of reach goal or area of your life
  • you should put a photograph of yourself on the vision baord
  • when discussing your vision board, talk about the photos as if those things are happening now
  • use only positive thoughts, affirmations and words when discussing your vision board

A vision board is a useful tool to take action now because it allows you to sit down and actually see what you want the world to be like. You go throught the work of creating a literal vision of your goals. It is really interesting because a vision board helps  you with the old Jesse Jackson saying, "If my mind can conceive it and my heart can believe it, then I can achieve  it."  With a vision board your mind conceives it because you think of the idea and your heart believes it because you create the collage of your vision and put a photo of yourself actually in the vision. I am a witness, it actually works. When I saw my collage with my face on top of the gorgeous dress, surrounded by the beautiful natural scenes where I run and exercise, I really believed it was happening and that I would be in shape.








A vision board is a tool. It helps you see where you want to be. A vision board helps you to speak a thing into existence. There is no reason why you can't start vision boarding now. I am electronics happy so I started my second vision board with my Kindle Fire, the Evernote program and websites like Pinterest, Photoshop and Photopin. I put the pictures into Evernote and I now have vision boards that I carry with me and can access on my smart phone, Kindle Fire and computer. Now that I have the vision boards and I see all my dreams coming true, I have a clear picture of what the end is going to be. This enables me to Take Action now and follow the steps to go from my vision being in my mind, to being on my vision board, to being a thing that I am doing and one day have accomplished. A vision board is an incredible tool that gives you the vision of your goals so you can Take Action Now and make your vision a reality. So the question for you this Magnificent Monday is what are you putting on your vision board?

No comments:

Post a Comment