***

WE HAVE MOVED, PLEASE VISIT US AT OUR NEW HOME:

www.janeanesworld.com

SAME GREAT CONTENT, WONDERFUL NEW LOCATION

***

Saturday, December 15, 2012

Sensational Saturday - Good For You Books - Think and Grow Rich: A Black Choice


Sensational Saturday - it is sensational to read a book that is good for you!

Throughout the month of December, each Sensational Saturday article will be about a book that has been around for a while and is good for you.  I have written many times in this space about my love affair with written words. I adore my Kindle 3G and the 3,000 books that are on it!  I get a high from smelling the pages of a new book and the ink intoxicates me. {reviously this month I have shared The Bible  for its non-religious sources of inspiration and Malcolm Gladwell's Outliers for its interesting take on the role of genius in success. Future December Sensational Saturdays will look at the books:

  • The Greatest Salesman in the World
  • Guess How Much I Love You
I enjoy sharing interesting books and hope my sharing these books with you. Today I am sharing the book, Think and Grow Rich: A Black Choice. All while I was writing this article an Andre Crouch song was running through my mind. The song is Through it All and it talk about what gets him through life. Check it out here:
http://youtu.be/GPI35MohOKU


Napoleon Hill wrote the original Think and Grow Rich and it  espoused his principles on how to become wealthy based upon things Hill studied at the behest of Andrew Carnegie in 1937.  When he died, he left behind the manuscript for what became Think and Grow Rich: A Black Choice  which had specific recommendations for Black Americans to grow wealth. Dennis Kimbro and the Napoleon Hill foundation completed the book. I am sharing this book for the generic principle it espoused that is relevant to each and every person in America regardless of racial and cultural history.
If you read nothing else in the book, read Chapter 11 - Three Magic Words. According to the book, the three magic words that make everything in life possible are "right mental attitude."  I agree the words right mental attitude are magical, special and precious. If  you have the right mental attitude you can make possible impossible things. I have said over and over when I get scared about things I must do I get dressed: I put on my big girl panties and my fake it until I make it dress and get to doing what needs to be done. The right mental attitude helps you to overcome any obstacle, meet any challenge and survive any blow.


121512 sensational saturday jmjd
sensational Saturday, test of time, rich, think and grow rich, right mental attitude, succeed, good book

No matter what you are doing in life, you must find a way to develop, keep and use the  right mental attitude if you want to be successful in attitude. So, the question for you this Sensational Attitude is what do you do to get the right mental attitude?


No comments:

Post a Comment