***

WE HAVE MOVED, PLEASE VISIT US AT OUR NEW HOME:

www.janeanesworld.com

SAME GREAT CONTENT, WONDERFUL NEW LOCATION

***

Saturday, December 22, 2012

Sensational Saturday - Good For You Books - The Greatest Salesman in the World


Sensational Saturday - it is sensational to read a book that is good for you!

Throughout the month of December, each Sensational Saturday article has focused on a book that has been around for a while and is good for you.  The series started with a look at the non-religious inspirational aspects of the Bible. Next we looked at  Malcolm Gladwell's Outliers for its interesting take on the role of genius in success. Last week we looked at Think and Grow Rich: A Black Choice for its advice to get the right mental attitude.  Next week we will be looking at I Love You This Much.

photo credit: The Uprooted Photographer via photopin cc
photo credit: The Uprooted Photographer via photopin cc                                                  sensational Saturday, good book, Og Mandino, sales, sell, attitude

Today we are taking a look at Og Mandino's The Greatest Salesman in the World.  This is one of the books that I have read more than a dozen times and will probably read once or twice a year for the rest of my life.  The first time I read it, I did not know what to expect. I read it looking for sales advice. Instead I found life advice. The following are a few pieces of advice from the book that work in business, family and life:

  • I will form good habits and become their slave
  • I will greet each day with love in my heart
  • I will persist until I succeed
  • I am nature's greatest miracle
  • I will live this day as if it's my last
  • I will be master of my emotions
  • I will multiply my value a hundred fold
  • My dreams . . . my plans . . . my goals . . . all of no value unless they are followed by action

I have always known that everything in life boils down to sales. Therefore I was not surprised when the book advised, "even the word of God must be sold to the people of they will hear it not."  No matter what you do or think in life, it all boils down to sales. If you want your kids to clean their rooms, sell them on the benefits. If you want your co-workers to work hard on a project, sell them on the idea. It all boils down to sales.

If you never read the book, here is the golden nugget, an affirmation for you to take away and use forever: "I will be happy, I will succeed. I will be the greatest . . . in the world." So the question for you this Sensational Saturday is how will you up your game to be the greatest in the world?

No comments:

Post a Comment