There are several things about work that are common no matter what type of work is being done:
- Specific tasks that must be done
- Time limits exist for getting jobs completed
- It is expected that work will be done
If you are interested in remaining employed, whether at a traditional work place, as an entrepreneur, or in a business operated from home, you must go to work and actually work. While people have been goofing off at work since the beginning of time, technology and the internet have made it easier to goof off at work. After all with social media being so easily accessible, via tablets and Smartphones, people are increasingly spending their work time on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and the like. In addition, the fact that almost every person on the planet owns a cellular phone makes it easier for employees to make personal calls during work hours. While this is beneficial for employees, it makes life difficult for their employers.
There are a few good habits that will help you to be a better employee, remain gainfully employed and have a less stressful work environment:
- Go to work with a plan to work
- Except for emergency situations, leave the personal calls for lunch breaks
- Stay off personal social networks during work hours
- Schedule personal tasks for lunch hours, work breaks and days off
- Have a good attitude about being expected to work
If you want to remain employed, it is important for you to realize that work, employment and a job may not always be fun, but it must be done and should be done well, to the best of your abilities. Even if you are a person who works at home, figure out what work is for you and do it. It is also important to realize that all play and no work, may make you broke!
In conclusion, it is fantastic to know that work and home are independent entities, so do your work at work. So, the question for you this fantastic day is, do you actually at work?