***

WE HAVE MOVED, PLEASE VISIT US AT OUR NEW HOME:

www.janeanesworld.com

SAME GREAT CONTENT, WONDERFUL NEW LOCATION

***

Friday, July 23, 2010

Bible in 90 days Day 11

Bible in 90 Days Day 11 Using the SOAP Method

Scripture

Numbers 8:15-26 to Numbers 21: 1-7

Observations

8 The first born of all the Israelites are consecrated to the service of God

9 The Israelites are ordered to keep the passover, and the appearance of fire over the tabernacle

10 Moses instructed to make trumpets to call the people to the tabernacle and the people travel with the tabernacle

11 The Israelites murmured and complained against God because they wanted meat and not manna

12 Miriam and Aaron are angry with Moses because he married a Cushite woman, and Miriam was punished for seven days

13 God told Moses to send men out to spy on the land of Canaan, some said the Israelites could overtake the land while others said that the people in the land were stronger than the Israelites

14 The Israelites complain again and say they should return to slavery in Egypt and God says he should smite the Israelites and make other nations over them but Moses pleads with God not to do that because the Egyptians would hear about it and it would take away from God’s reputation

15 God tells Moses of the sacrifice he wants the people to make when they reach the promised land

16 Some of the people complain that Moses acts as if he is better than the rest, and God separated some of the people and had them swallowed up by the earth

17 God speaks to Moses and makes a test for the people to show who God has called unto his service, and the proof is that Aaron and the house of Levi are chosen by God

18 The rules and guardianship for the tent of the testimony are given

19 The laws of uncleanliness concerning dead bodies



20 Miriam died, the Israelites complain and again say they should not have left Egypt, God enables Aaron to get water from a rock

21 God heard the cry of the Israelites and delivered Canaan into their hands

Application

Once again the Israelites are complaining and acting ungrateful. Last time it reminded me of my children. Today it reminds me of myself. I have a good and wonderful husband who I truly believe is a gift from God. This morning it seemed that all he knew how to do was get on my nerves. I complained, I murmured and I was not happy. Later, I talked to a friend whose husband truly seems to have lost his good sense and is acting as if his wedding vows were for worse and for worse. It made me feel terrible. Not for her but for me. Instead of thanking god for giving me a good and kind husband who seems to find joy I making me smile I was acting ungrateful and unappreciative. I need to stop complaining about the small things, the things that in the true grand scheme do not matter and instead concentrate on what does matter and how blessed I am to be where I am at this point in life.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I thank you for all you do for me and through me. I thank you fo rbeing a good God and for knowing what is best for me and putting me in a position to use my free will to accept the best option. Lord I ask that you help me to appreciate you and those you have put around me for my good. Lord I thank you, praise you, and give you the honor. In Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment