***

WE HAVE MOVED, PLEASE VISIT US AT OUR NEW HOME:

www.janeanesworld.com

SAME GREAT CONTENT, WONDERFUL NEW LOCATION

***

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Keep Juggling

Keep Juggling!

A few years ago,the movie "Hustle and Flow" the story of a struggling pimp and his crew was popular in theaters across the country. One of the songs from the movie was well received and has resonated with me ever since. The following is the part that resonated for me:

It's hard out here for a pimp
When he's trying to make the money for the rent
For the cadilac and gas money spent
Cause a whole lot of *** jumping ship

I have repurposed the song's rythym to better fit my life as follows:

It's hard out here for a mom
When she's trying to keep her family clean and fed
For the school lunch and shoe money spent
Cause a whole lot of kids acting up.

It seems to me that the most crucial skill needed to be a wife and mother is that of juggling. Time has to be spread around between the husband and the children. Then each invidual child needs special, personalized attention. The homework needs to be checked, the laundry done, the dishes washed, the projects completed for work, the board meetings attended and the list continues. I do not get any extra hours for these duties, but must fit them all plus many others into the same 24 hours everyone is allotted.

Each day I am saddened by the things I did not accomplish, but I am amazed by all I did mananage to complete. I juggle the hours, the people, the jobs and the money. Usually I keep all the balls and apparatus in the air. On the days when some things fall to the side, I do what I tell my kids, I fake it till I make it and keep my eyes in the prize.

No comments:

Post a Comment