***

WE HAVE MOVED, PLEASE VISIT US AT OUR NEW HOME:

www.janeanesworld.com

SAME GREAT CONTENT, WONDERFUL NEW LOCATION

***

Monday, March 19, 2012

3/19/12 Magnificent Monday

Magnificent Monday-God gives me strength, power and blessings so I don't have to wait for Superman.

Last night I watched the movie "Waiting for Superman." For those who do not know, it is a movie about the educational system in America. The movie was so sad and so hopeless I spent a significant amount of time in tears. The movie followed several children whose family were trying to get them into charter schools. The saddest part was watching the faces of parents in the audience at the charter school lotteries when their children were not selected for admission into the charter school. It was as if all hope was lost, and the future was gone because without a good education, the future is a hard and dangerous place.

I am blessed. I live in a nice neighborhood with some of the best schools in the country. Children who go to school where my children go to school become world leaders, CEOs and all the wonderful things that are possible. My children are in advanced classes with teachers who care. The teachers at their schools are award winning teachers who constantly strive to improve themselves in their profession so they are able to better do their jobs. The kids in these schools are taught and given all the tools they need to make it in the world, they don't need to wait for Superman to come and save the world.

Education is key to so many things in life. My faith as a Christian is based on education. I was educated on the existence of God, the power of God, the grace of God. Before I got married, I took a pre-marital counseling class. In order to be a lawyer, I received education. In order to improve my parenting, I read books on parenting. Proper education is key to success in everything.

There are cures to the problems in education that many people face. However, the cures are not cheap, not easy and not quick. I doubt they will be put in place for a variety of reasons. So, between time and in the meantime, I am blessed that of all the worries and concerns I have for my children and their futures, education is not one of them.

2 comments:

  1. I remember being ANGRY watching this film. It's so sad that we live in the greatest country in the world and have people who struggle for education. I believe parents need to advocate for their kids and work with the schools to make sure all of our kids succeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right. Even though my children go to excellent schools, I am always in touch with the teachers supporting their efforts and asking them to support my efforts to help my children be the best they can

      Delete