***

WE HAVE MOVED, PLEASE VISIT US AT OUR NEW HOME:

www.janeanesworld.com

SAME GREAT CONTENT, WONDERFUL NEW LOCATION

***

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

3/28/12 Wonderful Wednesday

Wonderful Wednesday-because claiming responsibility when proper is a good thing to do, it is wonderful to show up like a grown up!

Recently, my children acted like, well like children. One of them told a lie and instead of confessing when caught, continued on the lie until the sheer ridiculousness of the whole thing became too much to bear. Another one misplaced a toy and blamed a sibling. In both cases, the children were wrong and refused to accept responsibility. It is hard to admit when one was wrong. My husband taught me a formula to fix things when one has made a mistake. It is really pretty simple:

1. admit you made a mistake
2. apologize for making the mistake
3. state the steps you will take to keep the mistake from happening again


I strive to follow this formula. Admittedly, I do not always succeed, but my new mission is to show up like a grown up and take responsibility where appropriate.

No comments:

Post a Comment