***

WE HAVE MOVED, PLEASE VISIT US AT OUR NEW HOME:

www.janeanesworld.com

SAME GREAT CONTENT, WONDERFUL NEW LOCATION

***

Monday, April 23, 2012

4/23/12 Magnificent Monday

Magnificent Monday-because sometimes after your plans have stalled, you have to chick up and do the thing right. Those of you who read this blog on a regular basis know I am training to run the Philadelphia Marathon in November. Over the last two weeks my training has continued, but slowed down. I am looking at where I want to be and where I am. Reality has set in and I need to chick up and kick things up a notch. That is one of the lessons I learned as a business owner and business adviser. When you make a plan, you work your plan. But when your actions slow, conditions change or the desired results are not achieved, the plan should be re-evaluated, re-worked, adjusted and improved. So for me and this marathon thing, it means I have to get up a little earlier, do a workout in the morning while preparing the kids for school, go to the gym to work the machine and weights I do not have at home and then do a little something at night before bed. I am not talking a major workout morning and night, maybe just do some step work that increases over time. In other words, I have a destination in mind- the marathon, I have a plan, workout and run. My progress wasn't satisfactory, so I had to adjust. Now I am working the adjustment and if progress does not continue as I like, I will once again make adjustments. That is what life is all about,making plans, carrying out plans and adjusting plans as necessary in a timely manner. It is what makes Monday Magnificent.

No comments:

Post a Comment