***

WE HAVE MOVED, PLEASE VISIT US AT OUR NEW HOME:

www.janeanesworld.com

SAME GREAT CONTENT, WONDERFUL NEW LOCATION

***

Friday, July 6, 2012

7/6/12 Fantastic Friday - Finding a Way Out of No Way

Fantastic Friday- sometimes it is fantastic to figure out how incredible you really are and enjoy the wonder that is you.

Almost everyone has heard the expression, "A man works from sun to sun, but a woman's work is never done. As a wife, mother and business owner, I am always up and at something. I like it when I read about people who say it is time to rise and grind. I think it is cute that you have the luxury of rising in order to grind. I am a mama, I have to grind wherever I am, in bed while I sleep, at the breakfast table or while braiding hair. I am sure the mothers among my readers agree with the following poster I found on Pinterst recently:


So true!













I am a wife and a mama, I get it done!  I am helping my husband run a business, I am raising 4 wonderful children. My teenie bopper got accepted into Penn State in the 10th grade and into an International Baccalaureate program. My nine year old son is in the mentally gifted  program in school. My five year old twin daughters are intelligent, have a wonderful vocabulary and love me to the moon and back. I knit like a professional, read books like crack heads smoke crack and still make sure my family has clean sheets and fresh dinner everyday. THAT is awesome.

Many of you who are reading this post do incredible thing, fantastic things, amazing things. You have friends who say to you, "Wow, I don't know how you do that, I could never do that." Instead of thanking God for the miracles you pull out of your hat each day, you respond, "No, it's nothing, anyone could bake a cherry pie, braid six kids hair, cook a five course meal, do the grocery shopping and still look ravishing for your spouse, all by 10:00 am."

Too often  we play down the fantastic things we do, we refuse to acknowledge the awesomeness in a goal we have achieved. When we do that we insult the person complimenting us. We also lose an opportunity to thank God for giving us whatever it was that made someone think we were awesome in the first place. Each time we are complimented for doing something, it is an opportunity for us to thank God for the success we have achieved and to show others the gift God has given us.

This fantastic Friday I think we should acknowledge that we are pretty awesome and that the awesome things about us that others see and appreciate are miracles from God. Check out this song, "God in Me" from Mary Mary that illustrates my point.





So the question for you this fantastic Friday is what fantastic quality about yourself are you going to stop, acknowledge and thank God you have?

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the encouraging words, and for the reminder that I am awesome just the way I am.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandz, sometimes we all need to be reminded that we are wonderful creations of God and that we have fantastic, wonderful qualities that we need to recognize in ourselves.

    ReplyDelete