***

WE HAVE MOVED, PLEASE VISIT US AT OUR NEW HOME:

www.janeanesworld.com

SAME GREAT CONTENT, WONDERFUL NEW LOCATION

***

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Terrific Tuesday Take a Chance Giving Your Child Freedom

Terrific Tuesday - it is terrific to find just the right amount of freedom to give your children.
children children children kids
All August long, the Terrific Tuesday posts have been about taking chances. Today's post will be perhaps, the most risky chance taking opportunity of all, giving your children some freedom. As a mother, my most precious gift, my most wonderful blessing and greatest source of worry is my children.

I am the mother of a 16 year old daughter, a nine year old son, and two five year old girls. I have figured out many hard things in my life, I have passed the bar exam and I do calculus for fun when I am bored at home. None of that changes the fact that one of the hardest things I have ever had to figure out is how much freedom to give each child.

I realize that the 16 year old should have more freedom than the 5 year old twins, but how much is the right amount? So that is my newest challenge. Giving the 16 year old the appropriate amount of freedom. Recently, I let her go downtown to the  Gallery Mall in Philadelphia with two of her friends. That was something I did as a teenager, but I was a city girl, not an extra sheltered suburban girl like my teenie bopper.  My daughter and her friends had a great time in the city and everyone made it home together and by curfew. But it was a scary thing.




I know that she needs to get more freedom while she is living at home and can learn to handle it responsibly because she will be leaving for college in two short years. It is just hard to determine what freedom to give her and when. I will be praying about this on a regular basis until she leaves or college I am sure.

I am learning the amount of freedom appropriate for each of my children. So, the question for you this Terrific Tuesday is how are you determining how much freedom to give each of your children?

Add a link to your favorite post about giving children freedom.

1 comment:

  1. What's Taking place i'm neω to thіs, I stumblеԁ upon this I've discovered It absolutely useful and it has helped me out loads. I am hoping to give a contribution & aid other users like its aided me. Good job.

    Check out my webpage Property for Sale

    ReplyDelete