***

WE HAVE MOVED, PLEASE VISIT US AT OUR NEW HOME:

www.janeanesworld.com

SAME GREAT CONTENT, WONDERFUL NEW LOCATION

***

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Sensational Saturday - Love of the Game

Sensational Saturday - it is sensational to learn life lessons from the movies, here is what I learned from "Love of the Game."

Each Sensational Saturday throughout the month of September I will be sharing lessons I learned from my favorite movies. By sharing my favorite movies, I will be sharing with you a little about me and the way I think. Perhaps you can spend this time exploring yourself and how you think and maybe even learn something new. The movie this week is "Love of the Game." The short version of the movie is that it is a story about a professional baseball player and his girlfriend who decide to work full time on their relationship after years of playing at the relationship.




If you have been reading the Sensational Saturday posts this month, you already know, why I like this movie. I like it because has a happy ending. I was surprised that I liked the movie due to the relationship between the two main characters. I  am a person who thinks if you are going to be in a relationship,  you need to be in it to win it. I don't think relationships are things with which to play. In my world, if  you are in a relationship,  you do all you can to make it last forever and be happy. In this movie, the characters were in the relationship on a part time casual basis and as a result neither of them had someone at the ready when the s**t hit the fan and each of them needed a hand to hold.

That is one of the best things about being in a loving, long term marriage. When things go bad and I just need a hug, I have someone at the ready whose job it is to make me feel better. I have never been a fan of casual relationships. They are fine for some people and if  you are one of them, good for you. I am one of those people who wants someone to be there in good time and bad times. Like the song:

Boys to Men "Can You Stand the Rain"


What the movie shows is that people need someone who will stand with them, through the good times and bad times. The best way to guarantee that is to be the kind of person who is there for your partner. Many people say that want a partner who will be in a relationship 50/50 with them. I don't want a 50/50 partner. I am in a relationship 100% so I want someone who is in the relationship with me 100%. I think I like the movie because in the end, the characters realize they cannot be happy 50/50 and want to go at it 100%.  So the question for you this Sensational Saturday is are you a 50/50 person or a 100% person?

Add a link to your favorite post about relationships.



No comments:

Post a Comment