***

WE HAVE MOVED, PLEASE VISIT US AT OUR NEW HOME:

www.janeanesworld.com

SAME GREAT CONTENT, WONDERFUL NEW LOCATION

***

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Sensational Saturday - What I Learned from The 5 Heartbeats

Sensational Saturday - it is sensational to learn life lessons from the movies, here is what I learned from "The Five Heartbeats."

Each Sensational Saturday throughout the month of September I will be sharing lessons I learned from my favorite movies. By sharing my favorite movies, I will be sharing with you a little about me and the way I think. Perhaps you can spend this time exploring yourself and how you think.

My favorite movies of all times is Robert Townsend's "The Five Heartbeats." This movie showcases the lives of five friends who started a singing group together and shows their lives from the 1960s to the 1990s.  My husband and I were newly married in 1991 when my mother-in-law gave us tickets to a special preview showing of the movie. It was an awesome experience. The movie, the atmosphere and my new hot husband. It was an awesome night we made memories that have lasted a lifetime.

I loved the movie because even when things were the worst, when all hope seemed to be lost, there was still hope, the dream was still possible. The clip below is my favorite scene ever in a movie and my favorite song from a movie. I love it because it has always reminded me of myself and my husband because we   were just starting out when the movie came out and even now all these years later, we haven't finished yet.

The Five Heartbeats We Haven't Finished Yet


"I believe in you, I believe in me, the rainbow ahead might be hard to see." I love that line. Then and now, I believe in Darren. If he told me the sky was green, I would believe it. I would infer that the earth went through a freak metamorphic atmospheric change and that the sky was now green. I have always believed in myself and my belief has always been rewarded. I know that together, Darren and I are an unbeatable team. I have always believed in myself and in the power of miracles and the impossible becoming possible. The idea of "we're going to make it work out somehow" is one that I have relied upon all my life.




This scene with the brother and sister singing is so much like my life, so much of what I believe and how I conduct myself. I do believe that no matter how hard it gets, we can continue on, we don't quit, we make life what we want it to be. I love hope, happy endings and a can do spirit. I never want to lose faith that things will work out and life will get better.  A final thought "The Five Heartbeats" emphasized for me the fact that friends are precious and that no matter how long it is between the times we see each other, real friendship lasts forever. In the movie we see that friends will always forgive you and take you back when you come back to your senses.  

In sum, "The Five Heartbeats" is my favorite movie of all time because it is full of hope, inspiration and a better tomorrow actually arriving. So, the question for you this Sensational Saturday is, what is your favorite movie of all time and why?

Add a link to a post about your favorite line from a movie.




No comments:

Post a Comment