***

WE HAVE MOVED, PLEASE VISIT US AT OUR NEW HOME:

www.janeanesworld.com

SAME GREAT CONTENT, WONDERFUL NEW LOCATION

***

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Serene Sunday Happy Hour A Good Book

Serene Sunday - for me, serenity can be found in a good book.

Each Sunday throughout the month of September I will be exploring ways to find serenity in one hour or less. This week, I am finding serenity in reading a good book.



I have been reading books since I was three years old. I have always enjoyed getting lost in the pages of a book. I enjoy almost every genre of book except romance novels. I used to sit outside and read for hours at a time, enjoying the fresh night air. There was something about turning the pages and smelling the ink on the page that was delightful to me. Now, it is rare that I touch a real book because most of my reading is done via my Kindle 3G device.

The important part for me still is the actual reading, the digesting of words written by another person and presented for my review, enjoyment, entertainment or education. I still enjoy going some place quiet and alone with a book and beginning a journey. Some books I read are excellent and I look forward to reading them again and again. Other books I read are horrible and I wonder why someone would ever choose to put that group of words together.  For me, time alone with a book is a peace of serenity to treasure. So, the question for you this Serene Sunday is, have you ever found serenity in the pages of a book?               
                                                                                   
Add a link to your favorite post about a book.


No comments:

Post a Comment