***

WE HAVE MOVED, PLEASE VISIT US AT OUR NEW HOME:

www.janeanesworld.com

SAME GREAT CONTENT, WONDERFUL NEW LOCATION

***

Monday, December 3, 2012

Magnificent Monday How to Take Action - Be Scared But Move


Magnificent Monday - it is magnificent to be scared, but still take action and move.


Each Magnificent Monday throughout the month of December will be dedicated to different ideas on how to take action. I will be exploring several different ideas on how to take action including:


  • Get information and prepare to take action
  • You failed before, but take action
  • You have  a full plate but take action
  • Use your accountability group to help you take action

Today, the Magnificent Monday conversation is - you are scared, but still take action.



In life, almost nothing happens without action. Everything starts with a first step, number one on the list, Plan A. However, most people find it hard to actually get around to taking the first step. One of the most common reasons why a person does not move forward and take action when necessary is fear. Fear is a paralyzing emotion that has been felt at one time or another by almost every human being.






When we experience fear, there are a variety of actions we can take:

  • accept that we are scared and that it is justified and let the fear paralyze us
  • accept that we are scared and find a way to put on our big girl panties and take action in spite of the fear

I have a few friends who are not taking action because of fear. One friend is starting a business and she has never had her own business before so she does nothing. Day after day, after day, she sits and thinks about starting her business. She never starts trying to meet clients, she never works on her business plan, she never and she never takes any classes to get better at what she wants to do. Every day she tells me she wants to run her business and tells me all the things she is scared will happen. Every day I tell her she should suck it up and get moving, that she cannot let fear keep her from following her dream.

When you have action you need to take and fear starts to set in, don't ignore it, tell it hello and goodbye.  When fear comes my way, I tell it to go away. I literally say "Fear go away, you are not welcome in my life, my home or my mind."  I often think of the words from the CeCe Winans song, "I Want You Out."  In the song she talks to her enemy and tells her enemy to get lost and to have nothing further to do with her.  Here are some of my favorite words from the song:

Get out
Get out

Don't want you on my porch no more
Stop looking in my window pane
'Cause you my enemy and not my friend
. . .
Don't want you on my radio
Don't want to see you on my TV screen
Don't want to read you in my magazine
. . .
And when you go
Please stay away
. . .



This is what we should say to fear, get out, just get out. In order for us to get where we want in life we have to kick fear to the curb and just move forward. It is okay to be scared, but you cannot let fear stop you from taking action and doing what needs to be done. This Magnificent Monday, tell fear to get lost! The question for you this Magnificent Monday is what do you do when fear threatens to keep you from taking necessary action?

No comments:

Post a Comment