***

WE HAVE MOVED, PLEASE VISIT US AT OUR NEW HOME:

www.janeanesworld.com

SAME GREAT CONTENT, WONDERFUL NEW LOCATION

***

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Bible in 90 Days Day 24

Bible in 90 Days Day 24 Using the SOAP Method

Scripture

II Samuel 22: 19 - 51 to I Kings 7: 1 - 37

Observations

22 David continues to sing praises to God

23 A listing of warriors and their battles

24 God becomes angry with Israel and with David. David asks for forgiveness, God intervened and saved Israel again

1 David was old and ill, one of his sons, Adonijah wanted to be king and David’s advisors were split on the issue. Adonijah began to reign but David did not know it. Solomon’s mother reminded David that Solomon was promised to reign next. David set Solomon up as king and Solomon did not harm Adonijah.

2 Before David died, he told Solomon to serve God properly. Solomon begins to kill various members of the family for their iniquity

3 Solomon asked God for the tools to judge properly the people. Solomon judges the famous case of the two mothers and the one child

4 Solomon ruled over Israel and he was blessed with wisdom and abundant riches

5 Plans were made to build a house for the Lord

6 The house of God was begun and Solomon is told that he will be blessed if he continues to follow and worship God as he should

7 Solomon built himself a house

 

 

Application

The part of this group of passages that stands out the most is that once again, God

forgave the Israelites and intervened on their behalf. It seems that almost every other chapter has an example of the Israelites acting like fools, asking for forgiveness and being forgiven and restored. God is so great and wonderful that no matter how often we screw up He forgives us and blesses us if we ask. I need to be that way in my own life. I need to truly forgive people and give them true forgiveness the way I ask God to do for me.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I thank you for this new day and for the new opportunities you have given me. I thank you for being my personal savior. Lord I ask that you hep me to be truly forgiving and loving as I ask you to do for me. In Jesus name I pray, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment