***

WE HAVE MOVED, PLEASE VISIT US AT OUR NEW HOME:

www.janeanesworld.com

SAME GREAT CONTENT, WONDERFUL NEW LOCATION

***

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

3/22/12 Thrilling Thursday

Thrilling Thursday- because taking the next big step is thrilling, Philly Marathon here I come!

My high school track coach told us that every woman should run a marathon by the age of 45. I turned 45 on February 17 of this year so the time has come. I have already told my family and friends that I am running the Philly Marathon this year. In shape or not, ready to run or not, I am signing up and going! I have started several preparatory steps:
1. I know when and where the race will be held
2. I have started exercising and getting in shape
3. I joined the gym and am exercising there three days per week
4. I brought a pair of sneakers and am planning my morning runs


Make no mistake, running 26 miles in one day is a tremendous feat. It will definitely be hard work. However life is full of hard work. I am not looking forward to how my body will hurt and ache during preparation and after. I am not looking forward to the sacrifice of other activities this undertaking will cause. I am looking forward to being introduced as a "marathoner." So the bottom line is, I have some hard work ahead, which would be true even if I was not running a marathon, so I am looking at the big picture and thinking long range. I am going to feel thrilled and accomplished on November 20, 2012, a few days after the race!

No comments:

Post a Comment