***

WE HAVE MOVED, PLEASE VISIT US AT OUR NEW HOME:

www.janeanesworld.com

SAME GREAT CONTENT, WONDERFUL NEW LOCATION

***

Thursday, April 19, 2012

4/19/12 Thrilling Thursday

Thrilling Thursday- because once you realize life is a relay, not an individual race you can do your part and run to win!

I have two friends who work at a jobs that requires lots of people working together in order to succeed. They work in two different industries that vary greatly. However, the fact remains that both jobs require team work and both of them act as if they are working at jobs that require individuals and not teams. Both of them, are having a lot of trouble at work. They are losing money, going home from work angry and frustrated and feeling unsatisfied. They both think they can do it on their own. They ignore the value, skills, and strength of those around them that would help them to run instead of crawl. They are running team sports individually, as a result, it is no surprise that they are not winning.


Even activities that seem like individual events require a team. I am running the Philly Marathon in November. I am running 26 miles. It looks like an individual effort, but it is not. I cannot exercise and train if my husband does not keep the kids so I can go out and do some extra running and training. I need the support of my friends and family to encourage me to keep moving when the road gets really tough and I am too tired to keep moving. Only one person runs a marathon at a time, but a team of people gets each person across the finish line. We need to realize that life is a team sport. We need to work together with the members of our team to get to the finish line. Every role on a team is important and necessary. We need to stop trying to be individual stars when we are playing team sports. And once again, life is a team sport.

No comments:

Post a Comment