***

WE HAVE MOVED, PLEASE VISIT US AT OUR NEW HOME:

www.janeanesworld.com

SAME GREAT CONTENT, WONDERFUL NEW LOCATION

***

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

5/1/12 Terrific Tuesday

Terrific Tuesday-when you find a trick that makes your kids be nice to each other, enjoy it while it lasts. I four children: my daughter -the 16 year old teenie bopper, my 9 year old son and my 4 year old twin daughters. Some days it seems as if these children have never met each other and are at war.

One day I got sick of it. I did not want to yell anymore, I had no more threats and could not think of an appropriate punishment. So I tried something new. I told my children that from now on every day, everyone in the family would kiss up to one member of the family. Whichever kid was the best kiss up, would get kissed up to the next day. It worked out really well. We picked the teenie bopper to be the first kiss up recipient. All day long her siblings were nice to their big sister. The offered to do her chores, they told her how pretty, smart and charming she was. It was wonderful. There was no fighting, life was good. My son won the contest and was the next to receive the kiss up treatment. However, the little twin was not happy she lost so she has promised to kiss up even better today.

We shall see how it works over the long haul. But you know, when your kids get along with each other, it is a terrific thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment