***

WE HAVE MOVED, PLEASE VISIT US AT OUR NEW HOME:

www.janeanesworld.com

SAME GREAT CONTENT, WONDERFUL NEW LOCATION

***

Thursday, May 3, 2012

5/3/12 Thrilliing Thursday

Thrilling Thursday-because it is thrilling to get your lazy butt up and make the world what you want it to be. I have a friend who is political like no body's business. Some people complain all day long about how bad the world is, how the government should do that and how the school board stinks. Not my political friend. Every FB post is about her going to this community event, taking this action to improve her neighborhood, and now even her children are following her example. Not only does she vote, she helps others vote and gives information to others about the important issues of the day. Her commitment to improving the world, to making it what she wants it to be is admirable.

There are so many things I want to be better in the world, things I think should be different. I had a choice. I could either complain or get my butt up and make some changes. So I sat down at my desk, made a list of the things I wanted to change. Next I prioritized the list in order of importance to me. then I made an action plan. the final and most crucial step was that I started taking action. I took the steps necessary start making the changes I wanted. I have taught my children, stop complaining about what their siblings are not doing. They know if they want something different at the house, they should get up and make it happen. So the message for thrilling Thursday is stop complaining, get up and make something happen.

1 comment:

  1. This was an awesome post (biases aside!). I'm sharing because we all need a reminder to stop talking and to start doing.

    ReplyDelete