***

WE HAVE MOVED, PLEASE VISIT US AT OUR NEW HOME:

www.janeanesworld.com

SAME GREAT CONTENT, WONDERFUL NEW LOCATION

***

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Serene Sunday - Getting Your Mind Ready for Things to Come

Serene Sunday - there is a serenity that can be found in getting your mind ready for the things to come.

Once in a while we have to do things that are hard. Once in a while we have to do things that are scary. Once in a while we have to do things that make us uncomfortable. It is always hard to do these things. We have to find a way to suck up the gumption to do the unpleasant thing. So what do you do?

When I have something unpleasant to do or am nervous about what is to come, I take the worst case/best case approach. By that I mean, I look at real close look at what is the worst thing that can result from the situation. Then I look at the best thing that can result from the situation. Once I do this, some of the fear is gone. I understand the best and worst that can result. I have visualized these things in my mind,  I have a clear picture of the entire situation. When I do this, I feel empowered. I gain strength and perspective. I am able to move upward and onward.


Source: google.com via Natalie on Pinterest


So the question for you this Serene Sunday is what do you do in order to get mentally prepared for the things to come?

1 comment:

  1. I go through the steps mentally one of two days before and I pray that everything goes smoothly. That doesn't mean that I don't still get anxious, but it helps.:)

    ReplyDelete