***

WE HAVE MOVED, PLEASE VISIT US AT OUR NEW HOME:

www.janeanesworld.com

SAME GREAT CONTENT, WONDERFUL NEW LOCATION

***

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Wednesday Unexpected Kindness

Wonderful Wednesday - maybe the wonderful thing that made me marry my husband was his unexpected kindness, not his sexy.

Each Wednesday throughout the month of September, I am celebrating an unexpected kindness someone showed me in the past that impacted me and helped me to strive to be a better person. Today I am celebrating a kindness my now husband, the boyfriend, showed me years ago.



When I was about 20 years old and living on my own I used to get my two youngest sisters to come to Center City Philadelphia where I lived to visit for the weekend. They did not know it, but I would spend my lunch money for the week to take them to IHOP and a movie or some similar event. In conversation one week I told Darren what I did. I thought nothing of it and he didn't comment on it again.  The next weekend my sisters showed up for another visit. Before we left for our day out on the town, Darren showed up with two bags of groceries. There was so much food. There was some great snack food and beverages for my sisters for the weekend and more than enough food to cover my spent lunch money. It was such as amazing and unexpected act of kindness.


The Winans "Go That Extra Mile"



I was talking with a friend recently. She is going through a divorce and someone told her the next time she meets a man, he should be willing to help her out if she was in need. She was told that was a sign that he was ready to marry. If he saw she was in need, he should be willing to help solve her problem. When she first said that, I did not agree. Then I thought about it. I realized that one of the things I liked and then loved about Darren was the fact that whenever I was in need, he tried to help solve my needs. When I needed groceries, I didn't ask, he showed up with groceries. When I needed help with trigonometry, he cracked open a book. When I needed love and comfort, he opened his heart and his arms.

I think what the friend of my friend was trying to say was that a man who is worthy of being a husband looks for ways to help you and to make your life better. Darren Davis, my love, my husband, thank you for your unexpected acts of kindness.  So, the question for you this Wonderful Wednesday is has an unexpected kindness made you fall for someone?

Add a link to your favorite post about an unexpected kindness you received.


No comments:

Post a Comment