***

WE HAVE MOVED, PLEASE VISIT US AT OUR NEW HOME:

www.janeanesworld.com

SAME GREAT CONTENT, WONDERFUL NEW LOCATION

***

Monday, September 10, 2012

Magnificent Monday - Aahh I Was Married

Magnificent Monday - I was watching the belly dancer and then ahh, just like that, I realized I was a married woman.

Take 6 "Gold Mine"



This is the song my husband said made him want to marry me, because this is how he felt about me.

On March 31, 1990 I got married at about 10:30 in the morning. I am not being inaccurate or immodest when I tell you I was a beautiful bride. I spent my honeymoon on one of the Florida Keys called Sunny Isle at the Sea Breeze Motel. On the first night of my  honeymoon, my new husband and I ate in the motel's restaurant.  The place was full. Every table was occupied. My husband and I were the only black people in the restaurant and were by at least forty years, the youngest couple in the place. I sat watching all the older ladies who all had huge diamond engagement rings. I had a small, but beautiful to me, half caret diamond.



As I sat and ate dinner, I don't remember what the meal was at this point, I looked around at all those old married women and at my new, young, hot husband. The entertainment that evening was a belly dancer. I looked at the huge rocks on all the women at the other tables in the restaurant. They were all old women, older than my mother, and they were telling their husbands what to do and what to eat. I sat looking at them and at my engagement and wedding rings, twirling them around on my finger as I watched the belly dancer. Then it hit me, aahh, I was a married woman. So, the question for you this Magnificent Monday is what was the moment like when you realized you were married?

Add a link to your favorite post about realizing you were married.



No comments:

Post a Comment