***

WE HAVE MOVED, PLEASE VISIT US AT OUR NEW HOME:

www.janeanesworld.com

SAME GREAT CONTENT, WONDERFUL NEW LOCATION

***

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Entertain with Technology


It is terrific to find ways to use existing technology for entertainment.

Like many people who read this blog, I am a technology nut. I have the cell phone, the Kindle tablet, the Kindle reader, the laptop and a bunch of other gadgets. I really like  my gadgets and do not plan to give them up. What I enjoy more than just having gadgets is getting the most entertainment I can out of them.



Take my notebook computer for example. I use it to write my blog, run my business and to look for more business. When I purchased my computer I made sure it had a few features that I would be able to use for fun, including the following:
  • camera (web camera with video capability)
  • microphone
  • good speakers
  • big screen
  • lots of memory
  • built-in games
This means I can use my computer for making silly videos with my kids and taking photos. The microphone makes it easy to record whatever it is I want to say, sing or record for posterity. The microphone also makes it easy to use Skype, Google+  Hangout and other social media avenues. Netflix is such an inexpensive entertainment source and the big screen makes it easy for me to enjoy movies while working or relaxing. Another feature I like is the chess game that came with the computer so I can practice my game. I am hoping to be able to beat my ten-year old son one day.There is no substitute for a lot of computer memory except for maybe more computer memory.

photo credit: flyzor via photopin cc
photo credit: flyzor via photopin cc


My Kindle 3G  is one of the older ones that has unlimited 3G internet access for life. While the screen is black and white only, it is nice to have access to the internet so that I can check Facebook, Twitter and other social media when I take a break from reading. I also enjoy having music play while I read. I have several games installed on my e-reader including Scrabble and chess. Did I mention I want to beat my ten-year old son at chess?  My Kindle Fire tablet is set up to work as a mini laptop that I use for work. However I have games, movies, videos, music and all kinds of things to provide entertainment for me and a few things to entertain the kids in an emergency.


Almost everyone uses the cell phone for more than just telephone calls. Most are internet ready, play music, hold ebooks, videos and photographs. How many people have ignored telephone calls because of an exciting word game with friends?

Use your technology to make the things you need to do for work and home easier and smoother. But please do not forget to add some entertaining features  to make your technology more entertaining. So the question for you this terrific day is what is your favorite way of using technology to entertain?

No comments:

Post a Comment